Michaelmas, or The Festival of Courage, is coming up on Friday, September 29. In Waldorf schools and homes all over the world, Michaelmas is often seen as the first festival of the new school year.
Grades children typically perform the play about St. George defeating the dragon with the help of Michael, who gives him courage. The battle depicts the daily, lifelong battles we all face - small to large - where we must choose light over dark, or doing the right thing even when it’s not always easy.
All children can participate in the fun and festivities by baking dragon bread, wearing their own golden yellow silk cape of light, pretend play with their own sword and dragon battle, stories, songs, seasonal table set up and even their own dragon.
Nanchen Dress Up Doll Gustav, Organic Cotton and Wool
Sieglinde de Francesca
Get in Touch & Hours
Get in Touch + Hours
- Monday - Friday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM PST
- Saturday & Sunday closed with the exception of holiday hours (we will post them as we approach the holiday shopping season)
- Closed on Federal Holidays and additionally as noted on our homepage, through our emails and social media accounts
Additional Special Close Dates:
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day through the day after New Year’s Eve
- Inventory once a year in December/January—look for notice on store header (online sales are still available, but shipping will be slower due to inventory in process